THE SIMPLE PRESENT TENSE


The Simple Present Tense is used to express:

  • Habitual/repeated action
  • Fact/general truth/eternal truth
  • Commentaries
  • Directions and instructions
  • Newspaper headlines
  • Present stories
  • Scheduled activity

Examples:

I visit my grandparents twice a month. (habitual action)

Water consists of oxygen and hydrogen. ( fact)

Ronaldo passes to Owen who shoots and scores. (commentaries)

First you go right and then you go left. (direction)

Tsunami kills thousands people. (headline)

The bell in my school rings at 6.45. (scheduled activity)

FORMS

  • Affirmative :

I/You/We/They walk every day.

He/ She/It walks every day.

  • Negative :

I/You/We/They do not walk every day.

He/ She/ It does not walk every day.

  • Question :

Do I/you/we/they walk every day?

Does he/she/it walk every day?

Adverbs of time:

always, usually, generally, often, sometimes, occasionally, seldom, rarely, scarcely, barely, never, every…., on Sundays/ on Mondays, once/twice/three times a day/ a week/a month


DOWNLOAD LESSON

DOWNLOAD EXERCISE

0 comments:

 
Designed by suckmylolly.com